Checking over some of the blogs I follow the other week, I found that P.J. at Gallifreyan Ramblings has nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award. Thank you very much, P.J., and I’m sorry for not realising sooner!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. Answer their 3 questions.
3. Include one meme and one quote you really like.
4. Nominate 8-13 bloggers to receive this award.
5. Ask your nominees 3 UNIQUE questions.
6. Add a link to the awards creator: Tara at Flower in Rainy Day.
1.Which historical figure would you like to meet and why?
Charles Darwin. He would have some great stories, and unlike many historical figures, he was by all accounts a very nice man. I would also like to tell him about the advances regarding the theory of evolution since his death – he’d surely be very interested to hear about genetics, for instance.
2. If you could choose to live in a fictional world, which would it be?
The world of Harry Potter would be the obvious answer, but that’s only my second choice. My first would be the world of Dinotopia by James Gurney. The initial appeal is obvious: there are dinosaurs everywhere, and a few of them can even speak. But besides that, the place features a village of treehouses, a Dinosaur Olympics, swimming with dolphins, flying on pterosaurs (though I doubt I’d be confident enough to try that), and some really beautiful cities and other dwellings. Plus I learned the appeal of a quiet, off-the-grid life when volunteering in Guatemala, and while it would take time to get used to it on a permanent basis, I think I’d enjoy living in a place like Dinotopia.
3.What music do you listen to?
My favourite artists are Celine Dion, Enya, and Phil Collins. I don’t really have a favourite genre, but I have a real fondness for movie soundtracks: my favourites are Titanic, Apollo 13, Top Gun and The Lord of the Rings. (I love most scores by James Horner.)
Here’s a Harry Potter one. Malfoy’s face sells it.
Here’s one from astronaut Chris Hadfield:
“Decide in your heart of hearts what really excites and challenges you, and start moving your life in that direction. Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow, and the day after that. Look at who you want to be, and start sculpting yourself into that person. You may not get exactly where you thought you’d be, but you will be doing things that suit you in a profession you believe in. Don’t let life randomly kick you into the adult you don’t want to become.”
If I nominate you, and you don’t normally do things like this, please don’t feel obligated.
- Smilingldsgirl’s Weblog
- The Animation Commendation
- The Caffeinated Writer
- Elle May B
- Kristen P
- I Can’t Possibly Be Wrong All The Time
- I Read Encyclopedias For Fun
1. If you could direct a film adaptation of any book, which would it be?
2. Where in the world would you most like to visit that you haven’t been to yet?
3. Is there a particular animal you would like to see in the wild?