Happy New Year, everybody! Here is a sample of my personal resolutions for 2017:
- With regards to writing, NaNoWriMo has given me a large collection of drafts – so my goal is to get at least one of them up to publication standard. I also have an idea for a non-fiction project that I intend to work on.
- I want to both develop my cooking skills and eat more healthily overall. My ambition in this regard is to be skilled enough to make Christmas dinner for my family!
- I enjoyed doodling pictures in my younger years, so last year I bought a book called 50 Things To Draw. So far, I’ve only completed one of them – this year, I’ll work on the rest!
- I’m setting a reading target of 40 books – this year, I’m aiming for an even balance of fiction and non-fiction.
- After taking part in podcasts in 2016, I want to try making my own YouTube videos, though I can’t yet decide on a subject.
- As for this blog, I’ll be writing a report of my trip to the Philippines last October, and I’m planning to re-watch my top 10 favourite films and write in detail about what’s so great about them. I also want to increase the amount of factual content, either on this blog or by setting up another one.
Overall, I need to improve my personal discipline compared to last year.
Wishing you all success in whatever resolutions you may have!